It's Friday again, and time for another Great Impressions card.
Welcome to a new week and a new challenge at Eureka Stamps! This week we're going vintage, and since I'm in the middle of canning season, I'm thinking canning jars.
I'm using a QKR image- Jar and Apples. Watercolors and some Glossy Accents on the jar. Burlap, eyelets, sewing, a bit of inking on the edges and kraft cardstock for the base. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you'll feel inspired to play along with our vintage/distress challenge this week.
Crafting at the Weekend: Anything Goes
Snarky Stampers: distressing
Card Makin Mamas: vintage
Pattie's Creations: vintage
The Stamping Boutique: watercolor
4 Crafty Chicks: Fall
Crafty Creations: vintage
Cute Card Thursday: Awesome Autumn
Give a Crafter a Cookie:
Pinspirational Challenges has a great picture to inspire your masculine card designs this week. I just love that fancy sign! I could see some chalkboard style designs coming out of this one-which is what I originally had in mind with my card, but it didn't quite turn out.
We have three great sponsors this week, and as always, there are prizes up for grabs.
I got to play with some digis from Stamping Dragon for my card. I used both the postcards and vintage car.
I started out by using the wrinkle free distress technique to color the paper I used for my postcard digi. After it was dry, I printed out my image on it. I wanted a real distressed look so I ripped out some of the stitching around the crinkled paper. I thought these little Tim Holtz gears were the perfect accent.
I needed a masculine birthday card, so here's what I came up with building around some plaid paper. I used a cuttlebug tag die, trimming the tab off the sentiment oval, distressing and inking a bit, then layering over a slightly darker piece.
After I had this all glued together I realized it needed some stitching on the bottom layer. I was only going to do a border like I had on the plaid piece but my thread got hung up and it ended up sewing wonky so I just decided to go around again in an uneven line. I think it gives it more character anyway and goes with the casual feel of the plaid and burlap.
I wanted to try out this masking tape technique I came across where you ink up your pieces of tape and basically use them as a stamp. I decided to use some washi tape because it was on hand and it's also a bit wider than masking tape.
I started with cream cardstock for the card front and for my tape strips I used Antique Linen distress ink on the top, Tea Dye in the middle, and Pumice Stone at the bottom. I used the same piece of tape for the whole thing and just wiped it off a bit before doing the next color. For the wheat stamp I used some Distress embossing powder in Vintage Photo and the sentiment is stamped in Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I matted the front on two orangey shades of paper, distressing the edge of the darker one. Then I tied a couple of burlap fibers around the bottom. A simple fall card and I like the way it came out!
Hi, I'm Emily- card maker, gardener, sewing enthusiast, nature lover and Downton Abbey fan. Thanks for taking a peek into my studio today!